We developed a controller for the Nikkai Smartswitch. That is a LCD key that can be labeled via software. Our controller has the following features:
- Controls up to 64 keys and additional in-/outputs with a small microcontroler board in character mode.
- Additional connection of absolute and incremental encoders and normal switches.
- Easy interface to a host processor over I2C bus without use of an UART. Take two multipurpose I/O ports from host and connect it to our board. Host runs in I2C master mode with an easy state machine routine.
- Controller will be polled by host in I2C slave mode.
- There are preparations to build a menu and sub-menus with different keys.
- C library, source code available, and support for special applications.